Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Did I Fart, Snore, or Pee My Panties?

That was the question Carol asked after her first surgery in December of 2007. I guess drugs can mess with your mind... whether you like it or not! We reflected upon that profound statement today after she was rolled into her room here on the 6th floor at St. V.
It was officially confirmed, she did not not fart, snore, or pee her panties the first time, or anytime during her surgical procedures. She did ask if she was..."still on the boat?" assuming she was still on the cruise we just enjoyed last week in Alaska. Of course surgical personnel affirmed she was on land, and not at sea as she was rolled out of post-op.
Her surgeon told me he removed the three lymph-nodes that were affected by cancer, and removed tissue from the orginal tumor location in her breast. He said it went well... and the lab results would be available next week! That's it? I thought to myself... but I guess it is for now.
Outside of that, she just finished supper and wants to go for a walk down the hall, so I better sign-off for now! Thanks for the prayers, thoughts and concern. Be well, - Eric

No comments: