Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Beginning

We have created this blog in hopes of sharing our journey with breast cancer. On December 13th, 2007 we received the troubling news that Carol has cancer after a tumor that was 1.1 cm in size was removed on Dec 7th, 2007. Her diagonosis then was, Invasive Ductile Carcinoma stage I. After an MRI in January and a biopsy of a lymph node, her diagnosis has been changed to Stage II. We will begin a new leg of our journey tomorrow Feb. 1, 2008 as chemotherapy will begin. Our desire is to share in our journey together in battling Breast Cancer, and to request your prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol: I'll be the first to post to your blog!!! This was a great idea Eric came up with. Hope all goes well Friday. Please know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers all along your journey. It will take a lot of faith and strength but you'll make it! I'm always here if you need me. Sharon O.

Anonymous said...

We love you, and we will do anything you need to help you!

Love,
Tom

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, I know things are tough but I know you can get through it! I love you and will be thinking about you!

-Joe

Anonymous said...

Romans 5:3-5

And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven R208 character; and proven character, hope; 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.


My favorite passage(s) in regards to dealing with difficult circumstances.

We are blessed to have you guys as neighbors and friends.

Heidi Clark said...

Hey guys....Carol I hope the meds are giving you some relief!!! Are you ready for some meatloaf!!! Eric I am so glad that Carol has you in her life....Your compassion, stregth and love were everpresent during my visit on Friday....Thankyou for taking such good care of my best friend!!! Love to you four....Heidi