Saturday, April 26, 2008

Calling All Cars... Calling All Cars...

Well okay, it's not a police show I'm reminiscing about... but we do need volunteers! First, I need to say ~ SORRY! I know, I know... no post, and no Carol or Eric. Dang, no good excuse either except really nice weather and plenty of yard work to say the least. My Bad... as our daughters would say!
Now that is out of the way, back to our need... Carol has seven more chemo treatments each and every Friday (except the last one is a Thursday June 12Th). Unfortunately, she is out of volunteer drivers. She is not allowed to drive home because she's "DRUGGED UP" big time!
Any takers? It is somewhat of a long day, but you'll get to experience what a chemo treatment consist of, free conversations with Carol while she's under the influence of some really cool and relaxing medications (now's your time to ask some really fun questions...he he), and walk away with the sense that you, yes you... really participated in our journey of healing for Carol! Oh I almost forgot... if you are the first of 10 email'ers we will throw in a set of Ginsu knives for only $19.95, yes only $19.95... but you need to be one of the first email'ers to get a set :-)
All kidding aside, we do need your help and would appreciate any time you could spare. we appreciate each and every meal we get, every walk Chester has been taken, every time our kids are taken somewhere for us, and each and every Blog Comment (hint hint), and every wonderful card that Carol receives! We really do appreciate each and every one of you and feel very blessed to know that you are giving a part of your time, and your life for us -- THANK YOU, AND BLESS YOU!
In closing, some short notes: Yes, we made the entire walk at the Susan G. Komen Fight for Breast Cancer along with many family and friends. We persevered even when it rained, and took a really good nap when we got home (as I'm sure those who walked did as well).
Carol is doing fine (all things considered). Plenty of bone pain, and an upset stomach (more acid reflux than anything) but thanks to the modern miracles of pharmaceuticals she's handling those issues pretty good. Mary and Anna are doing okay as well. Me, well... what can I say! Pleasant, cranky, funny, and tired... many times, and some of the time, but all-in-all I'm doing just fine.
Lastly, we celebrated 15 years of marriage on April 24, 2008! Yep, can you believe it... she's put up with me... a Geek, Redneck, and goofball all rolled in one! She's a saint in my eyes, and I'm looking forward to many years of happy marriage to come.
Since I'm still sitting here in my camo outfit from this mornings turkey hunting event I'll say... GOOD NIGHT YAWL! - Eric

No comments: