Monday, March 10, 2008

Papa Bear...

Just a quick update to say Carol is doing very well as she approaches her next treatment this Friday March 14, 12008. We're just trying to be as normal as normal can be for a typical mid-west family. The house has held up, our spirits have held up and our food has been wonderful. So...the porage is warm, but... I need to tell a story first.
When our first daughter was born, my father observed my protective behavior as something you would see in a "Papa Bear" he said. I guess I've always been a little protective of Carol, Mary and Anna. It's just something that's inside of me, and has been since I vowed to marry Carol.
Being a Papa Bear has its advantages, and disadvantages unfortunately. Carol knows I'm always looking out for her best interests, and so do our girls. Disadvantages can be... that others think I might not want them around, or to call, or anything of the sorts.
So... don't worry too much about this ol' bear cause Carol loves talking, and loves visits. I posted some cautions because I truly can be a very protective Papa Bear... plain and simple (see I said it... whew) but I don't bite! I've never not wanted her to be able to chat, have visitors and such, nor has she (well the first weekend she wasn't real keen on seeing anyone).
In closing now that you know my nature, it may help you understand me and my intent when I post a "caution" for Carol. Just keep on calling, writing her emails, and if she's up to it (and you're not sick... dang there I go again) stop on by! So thanks for putting up with this ol' bear, and just know that your love, help, prayers, and genuine concern are truly appreciated! Be well, and good night - Eric (da' bear)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
I just thought I'd write a quick note and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. You don't know me, but Eric is one of my customers. He shared with me your journey since I am a breast cancer survivor(my chemo/radiation finished in August 2001). It's truly amazing how much can be done now. Listen to your body and rest --- and your lovely family seems totally behind you. And know that you will recover from the nausea from that darn "red stuff" --- that's the tough one.

Take care,
Linda E