Monday, May 12, 2008

Numbness, What Does It Mean?

Dear Friends and Family, Well, my doctor heard about my neuropathy side effects and decided to reduce the number of chemo treatments. In fact, Friday may be my last official chemo treatment! He said, "I don't want to push the neuropathy with your diabetes." He didn't feel he would be compromising anything and was concerned about the severity of my neuropathy.
Tomorrow I go for another heart scan to make sure these chemo drugs have not caused any damage to my heart function. I will continue to take one of these current drugs for another year (at the chemo center) however, the side effects are supposed to be less (except for damaging the heart...so keep praying for that).
My next step will be to have more tests and then set up my surgery date followed by radiation treatments. So, although I am not finished...I am thankful that part of my journey may be completed!
Thank you for all your prayers and support, you can't know how much they mean to me.
For those of you who don't know, my wonderful husband has been keeping a blog on my life at http://ericandcarol.blogspot.com Since I am such an amateur at the computer...this email was easier for me...and I wanted to give you all a quick update. Much love and thanks. - Carol

No comments: