Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One Foot At A Time...

Is what we ask your prayers for... Carol's message is below - Eric
Dear Friends and Family, Yesterday I struggled quite a bit with some new side effects of this round of chemo. I am experiencing neuropathy from the Taxol and would like you to add this to your prayers. Specifically, my feet are numb, swollen, painful and feel like they have "pins and needles". Yesterday my legs were extremely weak and often felt like jello. I have some shooting pains going up and down my legs, across my hips and lower back. Today I am still experiencing these symptoms but not as dramatic as yesterday. In talking with the nurses, they said these symptoms will likely continue until chemo is over and might even continue on for up to a year after chemo.
In some people, this condition can become permanent and sometimes more likely in diabetics (which I am). I am not as concerned about pain (although I found it hard to be a functional mom yesterday) as about permanent damage. Please pray that these side effects will not be permanent or increase the risk of neuropathy in the future (a problem with diabetics). Thank you again to each and every one of you for all you have done for me and my family. We are strong because you have prayed for and loved us. With much appreciation and love, Carol
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

No comments: