Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dosing, and Dozing...

Carol's white cell count was up enough for the next dose of her chemo. Jennifer took her, and she had Heidi and Deb F. stop by as well. I heard it was quite the party, and am sorry I missed it! Her PET Scan results were favorable. She has three lymph-nodes under her right arm near the breast that look suspicous and that is it! Whew... that's a load off of our minds knowing that the cancer hasn't developed a tumor somewhere's else. The surgery she'll have after chemo will take care of those pesky lymph-nodes.
Today Carol is dozing a lot! One of her medications for nausea just plain knocks her out. We are actually glad to see her rest so she can keep, and hopefully build her energy up. The girls are doing chores, and I was catching up on some much needed rest via a nap this late morning. Once chores are complete the girls and I are going to walk the dogs and enjoy the sunshine although its 40 degrees out... it'll be nice to soak up the rays.
We believe the combination of a surgery and her first chemo treatment...and her blood sugars being high from the surgery is what caused her to be so sick last time. Praise God for anti-nausea medication because she's far better off this time around (fingers crossed, prayers being said...)
Thanks Dave, Susan and kids for the excellent supper last night... man it hit the spot! Since I slowed down my posts my memory has failed me in recalling everyone else by name who's blessed us this week with a gift, visit, call of concern, but you know who you are and THANK YOU! Please keep praying... and be well, - Eric

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric and Carol,
Thanks for the updates. I always knew Eric was a great storyteller! We are keeping you in our prayers and trusting the Lord for your healing. Give the girls a hug from Evan! Parker is taking a girl to a dance tonight...his first date! Mark and I are driving and chaperoning. Should be fun! We hope to see you in Indy in August.
Lots of love and blessings from Texas!
Laura and family

Anonymous said...

Morning...Carol you looked great on Friday I hope rest and nausea meds get you thru this one a little easier.....looking forward to bowling with the girls today!!! I think we have quite the gang going! :) I better go take a nap!!!! love ya Heidi