Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thin is... In!

Here we are... Tuesday night and all is relatively well. I worked at home most of the day Monday, and took the day off today since the girls were out of school. Carol had a tough Sunday, but we're told that is normal. Monday and today were better, but she does feel fatigued and is experiencing some nausea (though she battled the nausea without the powerful anti-nausea drugs both days ~ like WOW!)
Now that her second dose of chemo is well underway... her hair is 'thinning' pretty quickly. Matter of fact, I thought I lost mine in a hurry... I think she's got me beat, but who's counting (okay, it's a guy thing... we like to compete even when it comes to hair loss). It's tough on her, and on me as well... you'd think being a man with plenty of forehead exposed that I would have a special form of sympathy that some men cannot relate too. I have to admit I've tried, but it is very hard to see your wife with a beautiful head of hair struggling to keep it in. Wig is ready, but we're not... we even prayed about it several times today as I came close to cutting it all the way down to a military style butch. We both felt led that its just not time yet... until then we'll keep a sharp eye on the fallout.
Alvin and the Chipmunks was our theme for the day. Well... at least it was our entertainment for the girls and I. I never realized how special theatre popcorn and cold drinks can be. Twenty dollars later... and we're stuffed full of high-frutose corn syrup in water, and a lot of sodium laced Orville Redenbaucher's finest popping corn. Meanwhile Carol got some much needed (and quiet) rest while we were away.
Chester got his new Dog Watch collar today, so if you stop over and find flags flying in the yard... nope it ain't true we are not prematurely celebrating St. Patricks day. The green flags are Dog Watch's trade mark color. We're hoping that Chester we'll learn his new bounds like all good men, oops... I mean dogs and will help Carol in letting him go out to "do his thing."
That's my blog entry for tonight. Thanks again to all of you for each and every thing you are doing for us. Please keep praying and don't forget to look at our prayer requests on the right. Until my next entry, be well, be safe and may God bless each of you in a way that brings you closer to Him. Goodnight - Eric

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol (and family),

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers...just keep your focus on positive healing and remember to let your 'inner' beauty shine right along with all your outer beauty...and like I told my girls during the chemo process...the hair falling out is actually a good thing...it is an 'outer' sign that the drugs are working! While I know it is extremely difficult, you ARE a survivor, and you ARE VERY LOVED, by a mulititude of people, not for your hair, but for your kindhearted soul and for the AMAZING woman that you truly are...WE LOVE YOU, and that my friend will NEVER change, except to only grow stronger! I will call you tomorrow...and if you need anything, please do not hesitate to call me!
Much Love,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

DITTO!!! To Tammy's comment! Heidi