Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You'll get a kick out of this...

I've slowed down on posting since we're focusing on getting Carol up to snuff for her next ride (remember? the Chemo Roller Coaster). Our weekend was full of action... Mary got such a 'kick' out of her mom feeling better she slammed her foot into the banister and a visit to the Immediate Care was in order and a borrowed set of crutches. Anna caught a cold (a zero white cell count and a nine year old with the sniffles ~ yikes) and I asked she be strep tested since Mary was being seen for her foot. Test was negative, and Mary just did some soft tissue damage.
It's Tuesday night and I arrived home after sliding half-way to Lafayette and back with a cold. Anna tried hard, but by providing my body as a human shield between her and Carol someone had to catch it... :-(! I'm OD'ing on Zinc laced candy and trying hard to suppress any cold symptoms in preparation for my nursing duties this weekend.
I'll post again on Friday night after Carol get's her next ticket for the ride (if her white cell count is high enough). Until then, be well, keep praying and please note to see our prayer requests on the right URGENT ONE FIRST. I've added another one... an employee under my leadership who is a friend fighting lung cancer. He is in our daily prayers, and we ask you include him too. - Eric
P.S., She cooked supper for us Monday night...YEAH! She really felt good doing that, and so did WE!!!!

No comments: