Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Everything Is A-Okay

Short post tonight as I'm tired and all is well. Carol saw her Oncologist today about the chest pain and they believe it's the drug they gave her to boost bone marrow growth. The sternum is one the largest bones in your body. It's possible the marrow has built up there and hasn't distributed itself yet. Just a theory as they have not really ran into this before. We're keeping a close eye on her!
Anyhow her Mom stayed with her today and is here to stay the night. Carol is still fatigued but looking very good. We'll see what tomorrow brings, but I'm in hope that she'll grow stronger and feel a bit better even yet.
Thanks Susie for the dinner tonight... that casserole was awesome, and the Jello was A-okay in my book as I'm still a kid at heart ;-) Thanks Scott for the movies, and for walking Chester. Thanks Heidi for the visit and gifts, that meant a lot to Carol as she pointed to the flower at dinner. Thanks to all you prayer warriors out there... please keep it up. I forgot to say thanks to Tim for all the advice on the insulin pump yesterday, that will be extremely helpful during her next dose Chemo. Thanks Sharon O. for asking each and everyday how Carol is doing, and for all the nice cards, notes, and gifts and your closing remarks insisting I know that you are praying very earnestly for her ~ you're an Angel. Thanks Tim B. for calling and leaving me a very nice voicemail pardner, and finally... thanks Mary for the nice comment on the Blog and for cleaning your room. Thanks Anna for cleaning yours as well, that's a big help for your mother girls.
With that I close for the evening. Peace, Eric

2 comments:

Patty Kaszko said...

Just wanted to say Hello to Carol, give her a hug and to let her know she is constantly in my thoughts. The whole family is in my prayers as you cope with the ups and downs of chemo and finding the right mix of drugs. Love to you all. Patty Kaszko (book club)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Carol,
I was so happy to see you this afternoon in your stunning natural beauty. I hope I was able to supply you with some information from my 3 years of cancer research that lights some candle in your darkness. You are not or nor ever will be alone, in this fight aganist cancer. We are all with you and pray that you feel peace. Please call Al or I any time. I love ya darlin' Denise